A series of controversial decisions has culminated in Governor-General John Kerr’s dismissal of Prime Minister Gough Whitlam and his appointment of Malcolm Fraser, who did not have a lower house majority, in his place. Whitlam’s supporters are furious at Kerr’s actions, but many voters are more concerned about his turbulent handling of the economy.
Alberta’s economy is collapsing under the weight of Trudeau’s National Energy Program (NEP), which is taking a large portion of Alberta’s oil and gas profits. Alberta separatism, and the Western Canada Concept party is looking for a breakthrough. Can Peter Lougheed steer the PCs through Alberta’s volatile political mood and to another huge majority?
Turning times are coming to Ireland. Over the last 8 years, much has been done to dramatically change society’s views on the future. Will post-war elections be the trigger on the path to independence? Or maybe Sinn Fein’s popularity will play a nasty joke on it in favour of Unionists?
This is the first of the old PM4E Alberta scenarios that I am hoping to remake for the new infinity engine.
Premier Ed Stelmach is seeking his first mandate from the people of Alberta. Alberta’s white-hot economy is beginning to slow and the Opposition has battered the government on the oil royalty issue, health care premiums, and affordable housing. Will Premier Stelmach be able to win another solid majority, or will the PC string of victories end at 37 years?
v.2 – Added candidate riding positions and high score bonuses
Some election night exit poll videos (KBS, MBC, SBS):
Finally, I have finished revising the previous South Korean election scenario.
There are still a few problems
- Several issue positions (Electoral Reform, Housing, and Welfare) were not included because of my lack of knowledge on some issues, and the fact that it is sometimes hard to find a clear difference between conservatives and liberals in certain issues. Also, among the issues currently I have included, I still have some doubts about the accuracy of the issue positions.
- In general, the issue positions for the candidates are accurate. However, of some issue positions, I could not find a candidates’ view on the topic (especially the relatively unknown candidates). Also, a small number of these positions may be inaccurate.
- I did not exactly add All the endorsers. I could add them in the future, though most of them are like this: 4000 doctors endorse Moon Jae-in, etc. Besides, there are already many endorsers (300 assemblymen, 17 Mayors/Governors, and a several others)
- There may be too many “arrests” in the events section.
- The money is still in dollars, even though it is Won, IRL. However, I retained the dollars due to possible complications. Also, because I couldn’t find their campaign finance data (I just put in their net worth or I just put in a rough guess).
- Some of the candidate portraits could be better, but I’ll let you decide on that.
- There are some minor candidates I did not add (those that did not end up registering, a few that were cut-off in the People’s Party primaries). The reason is that it is difficult to find some of their stances on the issues. Plus, it took a lot of time to update this scenario.