Will Charlie Baker, one of the country’s most popular governor, win reelection in one of the bluest states in the nation? Or will the Democrats take back the Governorship? Or could a Republican challenger defeat Baker? Candidates include:
- Governor Charlie Baker
- former Senator Scott Brown (off)
- former Governor Mitt Romney (off)
- former State Senator Richard Tisei (off)
- former Governor Bill Weld (off)
- Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito (off)
- former Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey (off)
- Attorney General Maura Healey
- Mayor Setti Warren
- former Secretary Jay Gonzalez
- former State Senator Dan Wolf
- Dr. Joseph Avellone
- Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III (off)
- former Senator John Kerry (off)
- former Governor Deval Patrick (off)
- Mayor Marty Walsh (off)
- Representative Seth Moulton (off)
- Mayor Kim Driscoll (off)
- Mayor Joseph Curtatone (off)
- Auditor Suzanne Bump (off)
- former Assistant Secretary Juliette Kayyem (off)
Updates will be made to this scenario, so feel free to leave suggestions in the comments
California Governor – 2018
The last time California had an open election for the Governorship, it became the most expensive statewide election in US history. With both the governor and senate seat up in 2010, the republicans were on the verge of actually winning some statewide seats. 8 years later after Jerry Brown 2.0, California still faces many problems that the growing electorate seems eager to simply find anyone who can make the state better. While California is difficult for a republican to win, a new crop of California GOP faces (something CA Republicans have not had in over a decade) look poised to put it back into play. But with democrats already having a full bench of experienced and top shelf names such as Gavin Newsom, Antonio Villaraigosa and others running, can the republicans win the Governorship?
Notes — Many candidates have already declared their candidacy (mainly on the democratic side) and others are speculating a run and have been included regardless. Those already declared are on by default, those likely to run are also on by default, those genuinely on the fence are turned off for the time being, but feel free to use them. As time passes and the race develops I can continue to update if there is enough interest. Also I can do remakes of the 2010 versions of the CA Governor and Senate races if there is interest. This is my first so any and all feedback is appreciated.
I made a scenario for the 2014 Rhode Island Gubernatorial Election.
I don’t actually live in Rhode Island (I live in Virginia), so feel free to give any comments or suggestions if you have any.
DOWNLOAD LINK: rhode-island-2014
This is a scenario based on what might occur in the next election in Maine. The turnout numbers for each party are based on the voter count in the last election.
Susan Collins: Senator from Maine
Michael Thibodeau: President of the Maine State Senate
Mary Mayhew: Commissioner of Maine Human and Health Services Department
Mark Eves: Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives
Janet Mills: Attorney General of Maine
Michael Michaud: Former U.S. Representative and 2014 Democratic Candidate
Jim Bouchard: 2016 Libertarian Candidate for U.S. House of Representatives
Chris Lyons: Chairman of the Libertarian Party of Maine.
I might update this but we will see!
-General T. Langill
NEWEST VERSION 11-19-16. Updated candidates, issues, inverviewers, primaries, seats, and fixed the problem of runaway election night. Added Libertarian candidates too. new-jersey-governor-2017
NOTE: President Infinity Version 2.4.3 (Windows) or 2.4.4 (Mac) is required to play.
After four years under Governor Robert Bentley (R), now term-limited, rising stars on both sides push to be the nominee.
Update: Version 1.1 of the scenario as been released! The following changes have been made:
New Interviewers (due to being at the state level, I included TV stations:
- AL Reporter
- Left In Alabama
- WHNT 19
- WBRC- FOX 6
- ABC 30/44
- Alabama Retail Association
- Home Builders Association Of Alabama
- Alabama Association Of Realtor
- Associated Builders and Contractors Of Alabama
- Tea Party Patriots Of North Alabama
- Over 10 candidates.
- All counties.
- Accurate polling.
- And more
Hi my friends! 🙂
I’ve created a working Arkansas scenario. Arkansas – 2002 (Governor) 2 <- UPDATE #2 is out! My good friend JohnnyK improved some things. 🙂
It’s the 2002 Gubernatorial election featuring Governor Mike Huckabee vs. State Treasurer Jimmie Lou Fisher. You are free to use it for your own Arkansas elections (Governor, Senate,…)
I plan to create other Arkansas scenarios too. If you want to help me, please message me in the forum. 🙂
- Governor Mike Huckabee (R)
- State Treasurer Jimmie Lou Fisher (D)
- Write-in/Observation Party (ballot access only in Marion County (nearly 6 % write-in votes…)
- Working County map of Arkansas
- Accurate %s of 2002
- Correct county population as given on Wikipedia
- Correct Debate date.
- Real slogans as Super PAC names
- Surrogate Janet Huckabee and Bill Clinton
- Correct county ids
- Lt. Gov. Winthrop P. Rockefeller (R)
- Bill Halter as democratic running mate (D)
- 2 new Democrats and 1 Republican challenger
- Primary %s as given on Wikipedia
Update #2 by JohnnyK
- Arkansas Interviewers
- Accurate Arkansas Endorsers
- Arkansas issues
- Potential candidates
- More surrogates
Have fun, I look forward to your feedback. 🙂
*Last update: 08/21/2016*
As the title shows, I made the 2014 Maine Gubernatorial Scenario. I’m not actually from Maine (I’m from Virginia), but I felt like making this anyways.
Democrat – Mike Michaud
Republican – Paul LePage
Independent – Eliot Cutler
Download Link: Maine – 2014 – v1.0
Feel free to give feedback.
I’ve created the Gubernatorial Election of Arizona 2014. Have fun, any feedback is welcome. Stay tuned, as it is the first beta version.
I didn’t make the map, I found it in an old game and I am quite interested into the State of Arizona, so thus made this scenario. I do not know who made the map, but I would like to thank you. 🙂
P.S. everyone is allowed to use this as a basis for another Arizona scenario. I look forward to play them. 😀
Thanks, Luki (CE 2)
Arizona Gubernatorial – 2014
*last updated 01/26/2016*