After winning the 2016 in an upset, Trump faces some challenges from within the party and from outside of the party. The Democratic side is wide open after they experienced gains in Governorships and a wave that flipped both the House and Senate in 2018.
V 1.8.1 (Endorser Update)
- Sen. Al Franken -> Sen. Tina Smith
- Sen. Luther Strange -> Sen. Doug Jones
- Sen. Jeff Flake -> Sen. Kyrsten Sinema
- Gov. Aaron Ford -> Gov. Steve Sisolak
- Sen. Bob Corker -> Sen. Phil Bredesen
- Spkr. Paul Ryan -> Ldr. Paul Ryan
- Ldr. Nancy Pelosi -> Spkr. Nancy Pelosi
- Colorado Governor is now Jared Polis
- Connecticut Governor is now Dan Drew
- Tennessee Governor is now Diane Black
- New Issue
- North Korea
- A couple % changes for the general election
- Basically only moved some of the margins for the “blowout” states
- Turnout 65% –> 60%
- Jim Justice is now the Republican Governor of West Virginia
- Center -> Center-Right
- Democrats 25 ->0
- Trump 0 ->50
- Nevada Junior Senator is now Jacky Rosen.
- New Candidates:
- Rep John Delaney (ON)
- Sen Jeff Flake (OFF)
- Removed a couple interviewers that are no longer on the air such as O’Reilly & Van Susteren
- Jill Stein (Green) OFF -> ON
- Governor of Massachusetts in the scenario is Charlie Baker, the incumbent Republican
- Made a few % changes.
- The following candidates are now “Off” by default
- Rand Paul
- Tom Cotton
- Al Franken
- No new candidates or issues in this update. Hope to add a few more candidates & revamp issues in the next update.
- Gov. Joseph P. Kennedy -> Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy
- The Governor of Massachusetts in the scenario now is Gov. Jay Gonzalez
- Made a few more changes to attributes and %’s.
- Fixed bug in the Vice Leader ID for Duckworth allowing a Duckworth running mate and an additional Duckworth surrogate.
- Added Endorser Charlie Sykes- Conservative Radio host from Wisconsin
- Added Oprah Winfrey as a Democratic candidate
- Fixes changes color, starting funds, attributes & %’s for Sen. Joni Ernst.
- Alabama Junior Senator is now Luther Strange
- Illinois Governor is now Christopher Kennedy
- Res Tillerson is still an endorser but I have removed his surrogate. If he is a sitting SOS he would be unable to hit the campaign trail for partisan purposes.
- Gave Al Franken a bit of a boost in the Democratic primary. His profile has risen over the first month of the DJT presidency and he already does have decent name recognition for a junior Senator of a medium size state.
- This update fixes the endorser error
- Big thank you to Anthony on this one
- Sen. David Vitter -> Sen. John Neely Kennedy
- This version adds a newspaper of record as an endorser for every state that didn’t already have one in the game (Iowa and New York). This adds a total of 48 new endorsers.
- President Donald Trump
- Senator Jeff Flake
- Senator Ted Cruz
- Governor John Kasich
- Senator Rand Paul
- Senator Joni Ernst
- Senator Tom Cotton
- Senator Ben Sasse
- Actor Dwayne Johnson
- Most of the remaining 2016 candidates and potential candidates are still there but turned off
- Senator Kamala Harris
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Secretary Julian Castro
- Governor Joseph P. Kennedy
- Senator Cory Booker
- Senator Martin Heinrich
- Governor Steve Bullock
- Senator Chris Murphy
- Representative Tulsi Gabbard
- Fmr. Secretary Jason Kander
- Senator Al Franken
- Miss Oprah Winfrey
- Representative John Delaney
- As with the GOP, I left in all of the (well almost all of) the 2016 candidates and potential candidates as “off”
- Adam Kokesh
- As with Dem & GOP, I left in all of the 2016 candidates and potential candidates as “off”
- Winona LaDuke
- Jill Stein